So, you want a flatter stomach. That’s great! There are many options for achieving this goal, and we’re happy to discuss them with you. But first things first: Kybella injections are one of the newest options for getting rid of stubborn fat in your belly. Here’s what you need to know about this popular treatment option:
Losing weight is not the only solution to achieving a flat, toned stomach. There are other options, including Kybella injections. Kybella is a prescription medication that can help you achieve a flatter stomach in just a few treatments.
These injections destroy fat cells under your skin, which causes them to shrink and disappear over time. The results of this treatment vary from person to person, but most people see noticeable results within two weeks after their first treatment!
What is Kybella?
Kybella is a non-surgical treatment that can help you achieve a flatter, smoother stomach by reducing the amount of fat in your chin. Kybella is a combination of deoxycholic acid and sodium deoxycholate, natural components found in the body that help break down fat cells.
Kybella injections are given at the doctor’s office and typically take less than 30 minutes.
Who should consider Kybella injections?
It’s important to note that not everyone is a good candidate for Kybella injections. Individuals who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have an active infection in the treatment area should avoid the procedure. Additionally, those with a history of dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) or bleeding disorders may not be suitable candidates for Kybella injections.
It’s also essential to consult with a qualified healthcare provider to determine if Kybella is right for you. They will assess your medical history, skin type, and overall health to determine if the treatment is safe and effective.
However, you are a suitable candidate specifically if:
- You’re 18 years or older.
- You have a BMI of 25 or higher and are committed to losing weight through diet and exercise, if necessary.
- Your waist circumference is 40 inches or more (for women) or 43 inches or more (for men).
How much does Kybella cost?
The cost of Kybella injections depends on several factors. It can be challenging to find out how much you’ll pay for the procedure, but it’s worth asking your doctor or clinic about their pricing policy before you make an appointment.
The price may also vary depending on the treated area, your insurance plan, and whether or not you have any additional health conditions that affect how much Kybella costs. In addition to this information, some clinics may charge more for cosmetic procedures than others do; this is because they have higher overhead costs due to staffing requirements and equipment maintenance needs.
The type of Kybella used will affect pricing as well. Some versions are more expensive than others because they include additional ingredients explicitly intended for specific areas (like chin fat removal).
Does it hurt to get Kybella injections?
As with any medical procedure, knowing what to expect is essential. The pain associated with Kybella injections is minimal and can usually be treated with a local anesthetic. Some people don’t even need pain relief at all!
After the first injection, some soreness may occur for a few days. But after that initial discomfort, subsequent injections are painless because they don’t require any numbing agents or topical medications before they’re given.
What are the side effects of Kybella?
Side effects from Kybella injections are temporary and can include:
- Temporary numbness or tingling in the treated area for up to 2 weeks following treatment.
- Temporary redness or swelling around the injection site that typically resolves within 24 hours of treatment but may last up to 7 days in some cases; if this persists beyond three weeks after your procedure, we recommend seeking medical attention from your physician as it may be an indication of infection or other problem requiring additional treatment options such as antibiotics/steroids to help reduce inflammation while healing occurs.
- Swelling: Swelling is the most common side effect of Kybella injections. It occurs in most patients within the first three days of treatment. Swelling typically resolves within one to two weeks.
- Bruising: Bruising may occur at the injection site and can last up to two weeks.
- Numbness: Temporary numbness may occur in the treated area, which typically resolves within a few days to a few weeks.
- Pain or discomfort: Pain or discomfort at the injection site is possible, but this can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers.
- Redness or warmth: Some patients may experience redness or warmth at the injection site, which usually resolves within a few days.
- Hardness or lumps: Rarely, patients may develop small, firm areas or bumps at the injection site. These typically resolve over time.
Remember that serious side effects, such as difficulty swallowing or breathing, are infrequent with Kybella injections. Patients should always seek medical attention if they experience any concerning or persistent symptoms after the procedure.
How long will the results from Kybella last?
You should know that the results of Kybella injections can last up to 18 months. However, you must maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen to keep your jawline slimmed down, as Kybella is not a substitute for those things. If you do this, then you should be able to maintain your new look for years!
Many options exist for achieving a flatter stomach, but if you’re ready, we can help!
You should always consult a doctor before making any decisions about your health. That’s especially true regarding cosmetic procedures that can cause significant changes to your body, such as Kybella injections.
It’s essential to research before getting any procedure and find out the available options. If you feel this could help improve your look and feel, we can help!
We hope this blog has helped you understand Kybella injections’ benefits and decide if it’s right for you. If so, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with your chosen medical spa. Integracare Medical Care and Aesthetics can address your concerns and provide Kybella injections with personalized care and results, giving you your aesthetic goals and needs. Contact them today and try for a huge difference!