With so many people jumpstarting a weight loss journey, eating healthy weight loss foods not only help shed pounds but also provide a myriad of benefits to the system. While weight loss doesn’t happen overnight, it is coupled with regular movement and hard work to feel the healthiest. Indeed, successful weight loss comes from two keys: finding an approach that works explicitly for an individual, and the second is sustainable weight loss that should happen slowly but steadily.
Why Do Counting Calories Need To Be Avoided?
The path to weight loss is not necessarily about cutting out many foods, but it’s still imperative to ensure that an individual eats a well-balanced and healthy diet. Although others may think about consuming fewer calories, some fruits that help with weight loss are actually higher in calories. This means that an increase in the amount of fiber and protein in the meals should be considered.
As a matter of fact, cutting out too many calories could have an adverse effect. To avoid health issues, the body needs at least 1,000 calories daily to get nutrition, i.e., vitamins and minerals. Still, eating healthy foods and exercising regularly is the best way to lose weight.
What Are The Types Of Food That Can Lose Weight?
While there is no single diet that nutritionists have deemed “the healthiest,” several eating styles that experts have designed for optimal health or have observed to be healthy when consumed traditionally by different people worldwide. Such eating styles tend to have a few things in common—they tend to be plant-based diets, emphasize healthy fats, no simple sugars, and low sodium, and favor natural foods over the highly processed fare typical of much of the Western diet.
To make this possible, the goal is to get rid of processed foods, refined sugars, and fried food from the diet. Below are examples of food that can lose weight.
- Lean protein. There are various lean protein sources, such as chicken, grass-fed lean beef, and turkey. Amazingly, they can also be found in plant-based foods, like lupini beans, legumes, and lentils, which are higher in fiber. Eggs are another good source of protein as they contain almost every essential vitamin the body needs (except for vitamin C), plus loads of minerals.
- Vegetables. They are good for the body and help with weight loss. Examples of vegetables that are high in fiber are cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower. In addition, crunchy vegetables with low calories are celery and jicama, while those dark green leafy vegetables are high in protein, minerals, vitamins, and fiber.
- Fruits. While it’s given that fruit is good, some fruits, like berries, are better for the body than others. Also, many fruits are low in calories, but even the higher calorie fruits, such as bananas and avocados, can help with weight loss due to their high fiber and protein, a great source of minerals, vitamins, healthy nutrients, and naturally contain water. This only means that they help with hydration and aid absorption by the body as the water dilutes the nutrients.
- Nuts and seeds. Nuts contain healthy fat, which the body needs those that burn as energy. Particularly, chia seeds are good in helping with weight loss because they are rich in fiber, and if eaten unsoaked, they will (safely) expand in the tummy, helping one feel full quicker and longer. While nuts and seeds may contain plenty of fiber, protein, and minerals, portion size must be observed.
- Fish. This is another great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids to help fill the stomach and make it feel full for longer. In particular, salmon is a fish high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, making it a good appetite suppressant, as well as shrimps are also good for reducing appetite and hunger cravings since they stimulate the body’s production of the CCK (cholecystokinin) hormone, which signals the brain that the stomach is full. An added benefit of fish, especially shellfish, is that they contain selenium and zinc – essential minerals that boost the immune system and energy levels.
What Are The Best Times For Meals?
While sticking to exact mealtimes every day can be challenging, research suggests that health can profoundly be affected by the eating schedule and the amount of time between meals. The best times for a meal may not be a one-size-fits-all approach to mealtimes. Moreover, individual genetics affect how the bodies regulate circadian rhythms that interact with mealtimes.
Nonetheless, here are some guidelines to keep in mind when scheduling meals.
It is known as the first meal of the day since it breaks the overnight fast. However, scientists are still debating how important the timing of that meal is. According to a few studies, skipping breakfast may affect diet quality, leading to eating more calories during lunch and eating less nutritious food throughout the day.
Aside from eating a regular breakfast meal, there are also studies that suggest an earlier lunch may help people lose weight, although keep in mind that individual genetic factors are also at play. In fact, some newer research even suggests that it may contribute to a healthier microbiome, which is the collection of bacteria in the gut and body that significantly affects overall health. Overall, keeping the bulk of calorie intake in earlier hours by having an early breakfast and lunch offers weight loss and metabolic health benefits.
To support better health outcomes for dinner, eating earlier in the evening and avoiding high-calorie meals before bedtime or throughout the night may be helpful. In fact, one study in 8,000 adults which is associated eating late at night with dyslipidemia, higher blood fat levels, and a risk factor for chronic disease. Moreover, others have linked a late dinner with body changes, such as weight gain, body fat, and the body’s ability to digest sugar.
The Bottom Line
What is being eaten matters most, as well as understanding the science behind meal timing could significantly impact the person’s health. Integracare Medical Care and Aesthetics can help you achieve your weight loss goals, including nutrition counseling, vitamins, and other medications, while they will work with you to find the right weight loss program that fits your needs. Furthermore, you will not be left alone in your weight loss efforts – we give you monthly or weekly support to be sure that you’re on track with your goals.